The Offshore Renewable Energy Development Plan (OREDP) identifies the opportunity for the following:
- The sustainable development of Ireland's abundant offshore renewable energy resources
- To increase indigenous production of renewable electricity
- To Contribute to reductions in our greenhouse gas emissions
- To Improve the security of our energy supply
- Creating jobs in the green economy
The OREDP sets out key principles, policy actions and enablers for delivery of Ireland's significant potential in this area. In this way, the OREDP provides a framework for the sustainable development of Ireland's offshore renewable energy resources.
Under the OREDP Ireland is developing a suite of world class test infrastructure to encourage the development of our offshore renewable energy potential.
Following a public consultation, an Interim Review of the OREDP was published in May 2018. The review can be found here . The Irish version of the report is here .
Consultation Documents and all responses received can be found on the consultation page .