You are here:

Obtaining Licences

‚ÄčTo explore and develop economic deposits of natural resources such as minerals, oil or gas you are required hold the relevant licence/lease. These are issued on behalf of the Minister by the Petroleum Affairs Division for Oil and Gas and by the Exploration and Mining Division for minerals.

Licensing and leasing are regulated through legislation and must meet environmental standards.